[tulip] errors using tulip in a compaq Alpha ds10

Kelly Roestel kelly@dolphinsearch.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:32:28 GMT

I am getting a lot of RX error on a HP switch connected to a Compaq Alpha
ds10 that is using the onboard ethernet.  Most of the errors are FCS and
alignment errors.  I was wondering if someone was having this problem as
well.  I have included the tulip-diag report.  Please any help would be
great.

kmail@dolphinsearch.com

tulip-diag.c:v2.00 4/19/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0x8000.
 Port selection is 100mbps-SYM/PCS 100baseTx scrambler, full-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 41e1d2cc.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Negotiation complete'.
Index #2: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0x8800.
 Port selection is 100mbps-SYM/PCS 100baseTx scrambler, full-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 256.
  The NWay status register is 41e1d2cc.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Negotiation complete'.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.