[tulip] Fianlly! End to issue 'netgear's fa310-tx and d-link switch'

Jaap Brink brink@tiger.3dem.bioch.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:45:32 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Jaap Brink wrote:
> > corrupted. I have one more arrow on my bow to try which is to swap a nic
> > from machine  that works at 100 Mbps and full-duplex with the one in the
> > linux box. More on that later.
>
> Can you move the fa310 to another PCI slot?
>
> -Dan

Well, I did a little more than this. I first tried to simply swap the
nic's, ie the cheetah nic from 0 -> 1 and the netgear nic from 1 -> 0. No
success. Next, I pulled a cheetah nic from another machine and replaced
the netgear with it. Success! rtl-diag showed that the card was in
full-duplex and everything's working now. I don;t now why this worked
because the netgear works just fine at full-duplex in one of the other
machines. Perhaps it make sense to someone.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who was thinking about my problem.

Jaap

Jaap Brink, Ph.D., Biochemistry, One Baylor Plaza, Baylor College of
Medicine, Rm. N420 Alkek Building, Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713)798-6989 -- Fax: (713)796-9438 -- Email: jbrink@bcm.tmc.edu
URL  : http://ncmi.bioch.bcm.tmc.edu/~brink