[tulip] tulip and SMP

Toby Jaffey toby@earth.li
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:18:25 +0100

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 10:42:45AM +0200, geofstro@monaco.mc wrote:
> I also have a problem with SMP support. My board supports SMP so I need
> to run that version of the kernel.

> If I compile tulip.c using the standard compile command I get the error,
> "compiled for Linux 2.2.14 but you're running Linux 2.2.14-SMP.

> I tried compiling using SMP options that I found from another web-site;
> but I still got the above error as a result of insmod.

> Does it work with SMP?

I use an LNE100TX with my dual Celeron (Abit BP6) board. I've never had
any problems.

I always compile with -D__SMP__

tulip.c 0.90f had an SMP compile example,

SMP-compile-command: "gcc -D__SMP__ -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__
-I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c `[ -f
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`

--
   (o o)     Hey! It compiles! Ship it!                                (o o)