[tulip] Re: 2.2.15 kernel help needed

Matt Jackson mjj@frogdream.com
29 Aug 2000 20:31:17 +1100

Ian Hogan <IHogan@mbsnav.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I've tried several lists to
> no avail.
>
> I'm running Linux Mandrake 7.0 (I think kernel version 2.2.16). I'm trying
> to compile the driver for a NetGeat FA311, which is natsemi.c. I've
> downloaded all the other files it looks like I need (pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h,
> kern_compat.h), and am using the instructions at the end of the source code
> (gcc -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 etc etc....).

Try gcc -c -I/usr/src/linux/include -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 natsemi.c

Not necessarily a Tulip question but ...

Under 2.4.0-test7 where the natsemi driver is included I get lots of the
following in my logs:

Warning: kfree_skb on hard IRQ c0185ab0

What can be done ? I compiled the driver into the kernel rather than
using a module.

--
Matt Jackson                    | "The world is a book, and those who
mjj-tulip@frogdream.com         |  don't travel read only one page."