[tulip] Linksys NC100 v2.0 Transmit time out

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:09:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Jonas P. Valkiunas wrote:

> I suspected an IRQ conflict from lspci, but a cat of /proc/interrupts
> shows no problems.  Ran tulip-diag which looks like its waiting for an
> interrupt... (Interrupt sources are pending!  CSR5 is fc674054.  here's
> some output:
>  10:          0          XT-PIC  eth0

This shows the problem: no interrupts are getting through.  Your interrupt
count remains at zero.

> Index #1: Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter at 0xd800.
>  Interrupt sources are pending!  CSR5 is fc674054.

> Messing around in BIOS changed eth0 to an IRQ of 10, but still the same
> problem.  If this is an IRQ problem anybody been working with the Tyan
> i810 (got this one from the linuxstore.com)?  Or else any other
> suggestions, tips etc?  The nic is on a riser in a 2U rack mount case.  I
> wonder if the nic is competing for an IRQ with the riser...?

The riser might be mis-routing the INT line.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403