[tulip] 2.2.15 kernel help needed

Ian Hogan IHogan@mbsnav.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:29:37 -0600

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I've tried several lists to
no avail.

I'm running Linux Mandrake 7.0 (I think kernel version 2.2.16). I'm trying
to compile the driver for a NetGeat FA311, which is natsemi.c. I've
downloaded all the other files it looks like I need (pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h,
kern_compat.h), and am using the instructions at the end of the source code
(gcc -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 etc etc....).

My problem is that when I attempt to compile, I get about 400 lines of
compiler error codes, which makes me think my gcc environment is not setup
properly. The first few errors deal with string.h, regarding undeclared
variables, variables being de-referenced, sizes not being set, and various
things not matching prototypes. It gives errors on several other included
files, such as coda.h. If it would be helpful, I can grab the errors next
time and send them.

Any help would be much appreciated. There is no makefile included in this
process, and I'm (clearly) not much of a C/C++ expert. Any ideas?

ian