[tulip] Linksys LNE100TX version 4.0 (more information)

Jon Schewe jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net
15 Aug 2000 00:10:56 -0500

Christopher Smith <x@xman.org> writes:

> --On Monday, August 14, 2000 11:59 PM -0500 Jon Schewe
> <jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net> wrote:
> > Christopher Smith <x@xman.org> writes:
> >> --On Friday, August 11, 2000 6:20 PM -0500 Jon Schewe
> >>
> >> They're very different. Different maintainer.
> >
> > Ok, I'll give it a try.  Where do I find them?  Also can I run them under
> > a 2.2.16 kernel?
>
> They are standard with the 2.4preX kernel. If you aren't confident about
> setting up 2.4 I wouldn't bother, as it's not worth the stress. On average,
> the scyld drivers seem to work better.

Well so far the scyld drivers haven't worked for me because of the bug
with autonegotiation problems.  If you say the 2.4preX kernel drivers aren't
any better I doubt they'll work then, unless they're closer to the FreeBSD drivers.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe