[tulip] Netgear 510 Cardbus PCMCIA

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 08:05:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Steve Dalton wrote:

> Subject: [tulip] Netgear 510 Cardbus PCMCIA
> I have had no sucess getting this card working under Redhat 6.2 for weeks
> now. I have updated my network and pcmcia drivers to the latest versions
> (pcmcia 3.1.19 & netdriver 2.0), and this doesn't seem to have made the
> One question that has confused me a little. lsmod tells me that I am using
> the tulip_cb module for my card - which lives in the pcmcia package. How is
> this connected to the tulip.o module in the network package??? Does it use

You aren't using the updated Tulip driver.
You must use the new PCMCIA table in
  http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html

> Index #1: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0x100.
>  Interrupt sources are pending!  CSR5 is f0678006.
>    Tx complete indication.
>    Tx out of buffers indication.

The real problem is that the driver isn't getting interrupts.
This likely means that the PCMCIA package isn't configured properly.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403