Problems with LNE100TX

Bryan Stillwell arcane@verinet.com
Thu Sep 16 01:26:55 1999

> > I do get a little farther after doing that, but now I get this when I try
> > a 'insmod tulip.o':
> >
> > tulip.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
> > tulip.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_register
>
> You also need pci-netif.c.  The instructions are at
>   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
>   ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/
>
> Do 'insmod pci-netif.o' before 'insmod tulip.o'.

Oops, I should have figured that one out myself.  Anyways when I do the
'insmod pci-netif.o' before the 'insmod tulip.o', I still get this
message 'tulip.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister'.  The
'pci_drv_register' message did go away however.  I verified that the
'pci_drv_unregister' message shows up in both kernels 2.2.12 and 2.3.15.

> > But now I don't know what else there is to do, but expose the problems
> > I've been having.  I have two of these LNE100TX cards that I bought at
> > Best Buy for $30 each, so I'm hoping I can get them to work since they're
> > such a good deal.  (They were down to $20 each the last time I went into
> > Best Buy)
>
> That's a pretty good deal -- the PNIC-II cards can do Wake-On-LAN.

I just hope I can get them working without too much trouble.  They do work
under windoze, but I don't have windoze installed on that computer any
more, so it doesn't do any good.  :)

Thanks for the help!

Bryan