PNIC LC82C169-9902 with PowerPC

Shawn Anderson space19@earthlink.net
Tue Sep 14 05:42:48 1999

Donald Becker wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Shawn Anderson wrote:
> > > Get the new driver from
> > >   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
> > >   ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/
> > >
> > > You *must* get the new support files (k_compat.h pci-netif.[ch]) as well!
> >
> > thank you, It is working like a charm now!.
>
> Please confirm: the tulip driver from the kern-2.3 directory is working with
> the LiteOn PNIC on a PowerPC.

yes its true. the 2.3 tulip driver is working for my card (asante 10/100
PNIC
LC82C169-9902), I have been testing it for a few hours and havent seen
any
problems, however when I compiled the drivers I get a bunch of warning
messages
like:
/usr/include/linux/string.h:31: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function `memset'
/usr/include/linux/string.h:32: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function `memcpy'
/usr/include/linux/string.h:35: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function `memcmp'

it's probably because I'm still using linux 2.2.10

there where few more warnings, I can send you the whole output if you
like.

> If that is the case, please also send a note the PPC mailing list.

ok

thanks again,
s.a.