Miata - 21143 not getting link?

jpranevich@lycos.com jpranevich@lycos.com
Mon Oct 25 19:29:55 1999

Hello,

What do you mean? I'm not entirely sure of the local network layout. (Hubs,
etc.) Unfortunately, it's not really my forte. If you tell me what you need to
know, I can get the information for you.

What I know is that the network is 100baseT at all the hubs, those were all just
upgraded last month. I don't know if the card is 100baseT, it may not be, but I
do know that Digital UNIX works with the same hardware but I can't reinstall DUX
in order to get any information. I can provide any network information that can
be provided from another Linux machine on the same network, (my Intel
workstation) but it's not using tulip hardware. I may not be using the right
terminology here, but I believe that I am.

My exact option line is "options tulip debug=6" I did not specify an options
parameter (for this log anyway) so this should be what was autodetected.

Please let me know if there is any more information that I can get you. I can
rerun tulip-diags with more verbosity, etc.

Joe

Donald Becker <becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov> on 10/25/99 06:34:03 PM