DEC 21143 and 10/100Mbps autoprobe

Donald Becker becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 25 11:14:39 1999

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Patrick Lerda wrote:

> Subject: DEC 21143 and 10/100Mbps autoprobe
>
> It seems that the tulip.c driver included in linux 2.2.12 and the latest one
> don't find
> the faster speed. My board stay at 10Mbs with a 10/100Mbps HUB.
>
> I don't know if the full duplex negotiation is properly implemented too.

This is not a useful report.

You should include the detection message and the output of 'tulip-diag'
after the interface is started.  On 21143 boards with MII transceivers syou
should include the output of 'tulip-diag -m' or the 'mii-diag' program.
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/index.html

Any problems with the old driver version  should be sent to
linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu

Donald Becker
Scyld Computing Corporation, and
USRA-CESDIS,   becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov