Performance

Bob recbo@erols.com
Sat Oct 16 16:44:09 1999

linksys 5-port switch and 10/100 pci cards, linux 2.2.10

I was blaming "bing" for erratic results with bing
testing bandwidth between hosts, because my
connection seemed to be not losing data in normal
use. It turns out I needed to upgrade to tulip.c 91s on
both ends, compiling with kernel_compat.h k_compat.h
pci_netif.h and pci_netif.c, adding "-o pci_scan.h", to
compile tulip.o and pci_scan.o. Now bing works.

bing -D -r -z -S1016 here there

estimated throughput 110 mbits/sec

avg throughput             94.8 mbits/sec

qu'est-ce que c'est "throughput"? FD?

bing maintainer is  Pierre Bessac pb@fasterix.freenix.fr

-Bob

http://www.pcconnection.com/scripts/productdetail.asp?product_id=80692