Recommendations (somewhat off-topic)

scottk@plover.atdesk.com scottk@plover.atdesk.com
Wed Oct 6 10:53:05 1999

I need to replace the KNE100's that I mentioned in a previous message to
this list.  With their lockups, they are just not dependable enough for
production use.
I would like recommendations for the fastest most dependable card in
Linux.  Ideally, the driver should be included in the 2.2.5 kernel
(specifically that packaged with Red Hat Linux 6.0).  Any suggestions?
This is a mixed Linux/NT network using 3Com SuperSwitch 3900's.

Also, what is the best way to performance test a card in place?  I want to
replace all the marginal cards that we have installed.

Thanks for the help,

Scott