Trouble Compiling - Mandrake 6.1

Pekka Pietikainen pp@netppl.fi
Tue Nov 2 10:01:17 1999

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 09:29:53AM -0500, Richard Dynes wrote:
> >  The source file is still sitting there, but tulip.o
> > is nowhere to be found.  Maybe Mandrake's compiler chokes on it somehow -
> > should I try another distribution?
>
> Mandrake is based on RedHat....  Unless there is a diagnostic, I would
> say no.
Mandrake uses pgcc which is basically more or less experimental
(why they do so for the minimal performance gain in the common case is beyond
me). The pgcc FAQ more or less states that you shouldn't be compiling the
kernel with it.

Try getting egcs-1.1.2 (the one in RH 6.x should be ok with mandrake) and you
should be fine. Or better yet ditch mandrake completely.

--
Pekka Pietikainen