D-Link DFE 570-TX

Robert Olsson Robert.Olsson@data.slu.se
Thu May 20 10:15:02 1999

Tim Dixon writes:

 > Partly to answer my own previous question, since no-one else seems to know
 > anything about this device...
 >
 > I managed to get some documentation from the D-Link France site, and it does
 > appear to be a
 > tulip-based 4-port card. The price in the UK is about GBP160 (USD 250) which
 > makes it a good bit cheaper than the Adaptec/Cogent part (at least here).

 Hello Tim!

 Yes we are testing the D-Link 570-TX in couple of installations with
 tulip.c 0.91. Yes it looks like a good board at a attractive price.

 Some of the chips on my board (REV-A1) is:
 4x Intel 21143-TD  (Tulip)
 1x Intel 21152-AB  (PCI-bridge?)
 4x National DP83843BJVE (Tranceiver chips)

 And the boards seem to work fine with autonegotiation at least what I've
 seen so far.

 But not with select media. When I set MII 100baseTx-FD which I think should
 be used with this board. tulip_diag reports half_duplex instead of full_duplex
 so the the transceiver seems not to be correctly initialized.

 This is bit odd... Locking it should be easier, more or less writing the
 desired 100/10/FD/HD into the transceiver register. But I dunno if this
 DP83843 chip has to initialized in some other way. Is there any other board
 with the combination of Intel 21143 and National DP83843?

Index #3: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xc800.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
Index #4: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xc400.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
Index #5: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xc000.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
Index #6: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xb800.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.

						--ro