Tulip

Douglas Eadline deadline@plogic.com
Wed Mar 31 06:54:21 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Arie wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I've been on this mailing list for awhile. but haven't paid much
> > attention to the emails until I saw the issue with the FA310TX cards.  I
> > have 2 of these cards in my linux boxes and was going to recommend them to
> > a friend of mine for use with his linux box and his home network.  Since
> > the FA310TX is no longer the same card I bought earlier this year.  Is
> > their any other cards that are relativly cheap, tulip based and provide
> > decent performance?
>
> Samsung 1200-TX.  Genuine Digital-branded 21140.  MicroWarehouse sells
> them for $22.00.  I've got three and they work just dandy!

This is a good pointer, but keep in mind, the problem is
Vendors often "slip stream" new parts under the old part number.
So today you get tulips, but  tomorrow... ?

Doug
Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.861.6960
115 Research Drive        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.861.8247
Bethlehem, PA 18017 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |    http://www.plogic.com