broadcast recieve problem with FA310TX and RH 5.2

Anthony Rumble smilie@emusys.com.au
Mon Mar 29 19:16:50 1999

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Donald Becker wrote:

> I haven't been able to reproduce the broadcast Rx problem with the Netgear
> cards yet.  If the reports are accurate -- it only happens with some
> machines -- then it might take a while to figure out what is going on.

I tried it on several machines, an ASUSTek Duel P2 board..
Also a Siemens single proc machine.
Both failed.

Yet, I have others with the same "Rev" board at another company working
fine.. Although one card on one of the duel homed machines occasionally
"fails" with this broadcast problem.

Also, same rev board on my Alpha PC/SX 533 works most of the time..
sometimes when it boots up it fails in the same manner as the others.

---
Anthony Rumble
EMUSYS Unix Consulting               Phone: 0500 500 EMU
Direct 02-9798-7604 Mobile 0412-955-042 Fax 02 9798 2854