DFE-500TX Rev-E1 doesn't work with IP-aliasing.

Jakob Sandgren jakob@southpole.se
Wed Jun 9 04:19:11 1999

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 11:13:17PM -0400, David Lerner wrote:

> [...]
problem. I have no problem with IP aliasing with the 0.91 driver
running Netgear cards on 2 Linux boxes (one serves as a firewall for
the other).

I agree with you. But changing card&driver without making any other
changes solves the problem. Also, the REV-E1 seems do differ from a
"standard" card. It does not work at all with the driver included in
2.2.9.
I guess that the ethernet card _driver_ does not even know the _IP_ address of
the host? It's just looking for the rigth MAC-address?

Regards
/Jakob