RH Linux 6.0 tulip installation question

jferg jferg@2boot.com
Sat Jul 31 15:55:57 1999

--------------ABD5C6BD07089CC09FAEED72

Prajna Murdaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just made a fresh Red Hat Linux 6.0 installation on my PC and tried
> installing the tulip driver from the
> http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html page.
>
> I followed the instructions in compiling the "modules version" of the
> code,
> using the second compile-command at the end of the file (i.e.
> compile-command as opposed to SMP-compile-command or the
> cardbus-compile-command).
>
> But when I got to the part where I had to type "insmod tulip.o,"
>
> I got a message saying "tulip.o: couldn't find the kernel version the
> module was compiled for."
>
> I believe that Red Had Linux has kernel version 2.2.5.
>
> Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this error?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Prajna

The initial release of the Red Hat 6.0 kernel is (by Red Hat's
designation) "2.2.5-15"  I believe there must be an exact string match
between module revs and kernel revs.  In any event,  the modules have to
be in the /lib/modules/2.2.5-15 directory (if that's your version) to be
found.

--
Joe Ferguson, ApeX Systems Integration Corp.
Voice:  919.468.8150

--------------ABD5C6BD07089CC09FAEED72

begin:vcard
n:Ferguson;Joe