[LRP] Dec Tulip based NICs

Brian D. Haymore brian@loki.chpc.utah.edu
Tue Jul 27 11:26:15 1999

I have the KNE100TX.  I have around 38 of them with the 21140 chips and 49
of them with the new intel 21143-pd tulip chip all in use on our beowulf
cluster. http://loki.chpc.utah.edu

I use the de4x5 driver for the installation process because the install
disks are using a kernel that still uses the .89 version of the tulip
driver.  You probably have to run in whatever the "expert" mode is for
your distribution so thast you can stop any autodetection as it will
probably try to load the tulip and you want to select the de4x5.  The
support of the de4x5 driver seems to be just beyond usable for the
KNE100TX.  By this I mean that the driver seems to get you working but
will have trouble with DNS lookups for the host name at times, so just
feed it in by hand.  But you can get up and going.

--
Brian D. Haymore, Systems Administrator
Center for High Performance Computing