Full Duplex Lights

Jason Thomas jason@topic.com.au
Thu Jul 22 02:47:28 1999

--juZjCTNxrMaZdGZC

okay i tested it using rsync and ssh with compression off and encryption
blowfish.

It was faster but still only about 2M a sec.  that was beetween an ultrasparc
and an AMD K6-350 with scsi drives.  I transferred the same 34MB file.

I think the only explanation is:

1) one card is using 10MB's.
2) the network is really flooded.
3) the machines are really loaded down. - most probable.
4) bad network cables - seems to be a lot of collisions.

--
Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator                   Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311

--juZjCTNxrMaZdGZC

--juZjCTNxrMaZdGZC--