DEC Personal WS 500a

Douglas Eadline deadline@plogic.com
Tue Jul 6 09:26:06 1999

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, ErMaC wrote:

> I've had a similar problem, and the only workaround I've found so far is to
> download an earlier kernel to get an older driver (for some reason
> unbeknownst to me). I've installed RedHat on two different Personal WS's (a
> 300i and a 266i) and the only way I got the card to work was with a 2.2.1
> kernel (I think the driver in the kernel download changed in 2.2.3 or so).
> Try taking the tulip.c file from those kernel distributions and using that.
>
> Not a very good solution but a workaround, none the less.

You may find it more convenient to look at:

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/index.html

and down oad the driver you need rather than the whole kernel.

Doug

> -ErMaC
> http://senshitv.dhs.org
> (Running on a 266i!)

Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.861.6960
115 Research Drive        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.861.8247
Bethlehem, PA 18017 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |    http://www.plogic.com