Wisecom

Mark Martin mmartin@amath.washington.edu
Sun Jan 3 18:38:14 1999

"Steven N. Hirsch" wrote:

> All,
>
> Ok, after Mark Martin was kind enough to post Wisecom's web site, I tried
> to grab a data sheet from it.  No joy, as the link is broken.  So, I next
> tried the two retailers listed.  Again, no luck.  Neither one will admit
> to carrying their network cards.
>
> So, back to square one.  Anyone know where I can mailorder a PCI 10/100
> ethernet card with a real Tulip chipset?
>
> Steve

Hey Steve,

The data sheet you're referring to is available from a link on Wisecom's
tech support page.  The URL is

http://www.wisecominc.com/outfiles/d400.pdf

I didn't find it to be much use but someone else might.

In light of the difficulties that people seem to be having trying to
locate a retail source for the card, anyone interested in locating the
card might try sending email directly to Wisecom.  Their web site
indicates that they may respond well to email (There are
sales@wisecominc.com and info@wisecominc.com mailto links.) and it might
not hurt to let them know that several people running linux are
interested in their products.  They might also be willing to provide
better documentation for the card if contacted through email.  Plus,
they might want to know about the broken data sheet link.

Since I'm suggesting it, I'll go ahead and send them some mail.  If I
find out anything worthwhile, I'll post it.  I encourage anyone else
interested to drop them a brief note too.

Best of luck,

Mark
--

 Mark A. Martin
 Dept of Applied Mathematics
 University of Washington
 Box 352420
 Seattle, WA 98195-2420

 WWW: http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv