tulip.90 k results

Max Freedom MaxFreedom@free-market.net
Fri Feb 12 11:01:16 1999

Douglas Eadline wrote:

> Here is the funny thing, there are two idential NICs (KTI)
> in this machine.  When I use the .90k I can not
> get eth0 to come up (ifup eth0), but I can get
> the second interface to come up (ifup eth1).
>
>[cut]
>
> Feb 10 14:15:40 coyote4 kernel: eth0: Digital DS21143 Tulip rev 65 at
> 0xec80, EEPROM not present, 00 4c 69 6e 75 79, IRQ 0.
>
>[cut]
>
> Feb 10 14:15:40 coyote4 kernel: eth1: Digital DS21143 Tulip rev 33 at
> 0xec00, 00 40 f6 74 3c 4b, IRQ 9.

The IRQ for eth0 looks wrong. I had the same problem with my LinkSys
board. At Mark Hahn's suggestion, I diddled with some of the BIOS
settings relating to plug-n-play. I believe turning *off* automatic
configuration of PCI devices by the BIOS fixed my problem.

That may not work for you, though, since eth1 is working OK. Mark also
suggested moving the board to a different slot or possibly upgrading the
BIOS.