Please Help: Can't get Macronix 98713 to Work

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 12 02:47:39 1999

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Robert McNally wrote:

> >> I have been unable to compile tulip-diag.c, as it appears to call for
> >> "cc", a compiler I don't have (Red Hat seems to only come with gcc,
>
> OK, I see that. Now, unfortunately, I'm getting a large number of compiler
> errors that look like I may have something misconfigured. Whether I try
>
> cc -O -Wall -o tulip-diag tulip-diag.c
..
> tulip-diag.c:1: parse error before `#'

Try transferring the file using FTP rather than a web browser:
  ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/diag/tulip-diag.c

> tulip.c:v0.90k 2/1/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
> eth0: Macronix 98713 PMAC rev 17 at 0xd800, 00 80 c6 f7 6f 0c, IRQ 11.

I broke things with a change in v0.90k.
Try changing the csr0 initialization on line 83 from
  #elif defined(__i386__)
- static int csr0 = 0x0A000000 | 0x8000;
+ static int csr0 = 0x01A00000 | 0x8000;
  #else

> BTW, can you think of any reason I need to switch the PnP OS BIOS setting
> each time I switch between Windows 98 and Linux?

The field really means "allow Windows to use 16-bit real-mode drivers".
It provides BIOS hooks to emulate an MS-DOS environment, but only works with
Windows.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html