The NEW Kingston KNE100TX? Reliable?

Christopher E. Brown cbrown@denalics.net
Tue Feb 9 06:17:50 1999

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, John Connett wrote:

> Many thanks to those who sent comments in reply to my message.  I'm
> beginning to think that the NEW Kingston KNE100TX may be a reasonable
> substitute for the old 21140 based part.  If anyone has firm evidence to
> the contrary please let me know!
>
> If the NEW Kingston KNE100TX is a worthy successor to the very reliable
> old model it would be good to make that known.  Conversely, if there are
> any problems it would be good to know that before many users (me
> included) get caught!

	The KNE100TX is our standard server card, we use many.  I was
upset when the new design started arriving (no notice, no model change),
but they drop right in and have caused no problems.  I have ~ 12 in use
right now, with several in boxes that run traffic 24/7 and 30Mbit +, with
prime usage times hitting 60 - 70 Mbit.  I have only had them online for a
few week, but with no problems, and no problems ever with the older
design.

----
	As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
	and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.