Problems with LinkSys 10/100 cards

Brian Denheyer briand@deldotd.com
Fri Feb 5 00:45:53 1999

>>>>> "Douglas" == Douglas Eadline <deadline@plogic.com> writes:

This driver is not happy.

netperf and netpipe can both cause strange error messages from the
driver :

1. eth0: too much work during an interrupt, csr5=0x026980d0
2. eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status 26cca300!

I see message 2 A LOT especially when running netpipe.

Aaaargh ! I seem to get different results all the time. On numerous
occasions I have seen the driver stop working properly after running
netpipe.  Sometimes netpipe won't even run correctly, I get message #2
and then that's all folks, remove tulip and reload it.  I have seen
this behavior under windoze, transfers via samba die and windows says
it can't complete the transfer.

Netperf seems to be much more reliable but I have seen dependency on
what I run and when, i.e. netperf first or netpipe first, etc...

Anyway I managed to find a copy of the datasheet for the PNIC part, so
maybe I can make more headway.

I have seen transfer rates as high as 67Mbit/s, when things are
working, so I guess the cards are working properly ??

Anyway I need to try again tomorrow and see if I can get consistent
results.

Brian