libc6 and kernel 2.0.34

Aaron Stromas astromas@us.oracle.com
Mon Feb 1 07:39:26 1999

it started with my needing to compile the tulip drivers for my ethernet
card. as i am running kernel version 2.0.34, i installed
kernel-source-2.0.34 package. it turns out, it requires libc6 package
which installs /usr/include/linux/version.h which defines UTS_RELEASE as
"2.0.33"!

furthermore, it was explained to me that /usr/include/linux should
symlink into include/linux of the current source (in my case, 2.0.34)
but libc6 package instead of symlinking /usr/include/linux creates a
directory /usr/include/linux and populates it.

how can i resolve those dependencies?

another question is, the driver compilation instruction indicates that
-I/usr/src/linux/net/inet chould be included.
which package installs that directory?

,

--
Aaron Stromas     |   "Tick-tick-tick!!!... ja, Pantani is weg...."
Oracle Corp.        |       BRTN commentator, L'Alpe d'Huez, 1995 Tour