tulip driver: fixed for Tx hung error

Bob recbo@erols.com
Mon Dec 27 19:57:01 1999

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 08:01:52PM +0100, Tom Blauwendraat wrote:
>
> > However, there are still a few things I'd like to say. First of all, I
> > found this patch by going to linux.org, following a link to CESDIS, and
> > there following the link to Tux.org. But the mailinglist archives there
> > are not up to date. The right archives are at Beowulf. That should be
> > corrected; how else can people search if their problem has not already
> > been noted and solved by someone else before?
> > Second, why isn't there a central archive for patches like Vojtech's? I
> > think it's strange that it should be on suse.cz instead of near the
> > official release site of the Tulip driver. Why also isn't there a 0.91h
> > or something like that released, if the solution is already there. I can
> > understand that you developers are very busy people, but still.
> > Maybe hosting and archiving of these drivers can be done by a central
> > distribution site?
>
> As far as I know, there is 0.91s and later, with this fix.
>
> --
> Vojtech Pavlik
> SuSE Labs

So for myself I am glad to learn that I don't have to patch 91u,
which I have been using for a while with PNIC's and 21143's.
Here is the location of 91u--again, :-) FAQ--

Use tulip.c:v0.91u 10/15/99 from---

ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3

Use the README there.

Place those files in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net.

Also may be helpful--

#pushd /usr/src/linux/drivers/net
cat Makefile | gawk --source '{
  if ( $3 ~ /auto_irq.o/ print $1 "  " $2 "  " $3 " pci-netif.o ;
  else print $0}' > /tmp/gawk.out
#mv /tmp/gawk.out Makefile
#popd

make tulip