21143 running with 220kB/sec

Christopher E. Brown cbrown@denalics.net
Tue Dec 14 13:28:07 1999

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Kurt Huwig wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have problems with a 21143 card running full duplex connected to a
> switch:
>
> > cat /proc/pci
>
> Bus  0, device  18, function  0:
>     Ethernet controller: DEC DC21142 (rev 65).
>       Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master
> Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=20.Max Lat=40.
>       I/O at 0xdc80 [0xdc81].
>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xdffffc00 [0xdffffc00].

	For now I would suggest direct setting the cards to full
duplex when you load the module.  It sounds like the switch is
dropping into FD mode, while the card is in HD mode.

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.