porting tulip driver from 2.2.x to 2.3.14 [update]

Gerard Saraber GSaraber@unlimitedsolutions.com
Tue Aug 24 09:05:19 1999

Hi,
I got a hint from Brian Perkins on how to get my tulip card back to life
again .. I basically ran the
"install eeprom" utility that comes with the NIC, that brought it back
to life, thanks!
Anyway, I opened up the case and my nic is not a PNIC, that's just what
the driver says LiteOn pnic,
I'm using 2.2.3 (some tarball i had floating around my system) now with
the 91g driver and absolutely
no problems, it's rocksolid..
So I'll probably continue my porting of the driver tonight.. and if
anyone would like to volunteer some information about the required
network card changes [resources stuff etc.] for a 2.3.14+ kernel I would
really appreciate it.
I've gotten great email about how to get the card back to life and where
to look for info on that .. but nothing yet on how to "properly" adapt
the driver, I would like to be able to make some more educated
guesses as to how to fix the driver, right now I'm looking at how things
are done in the 89 driver that came with the kernel, but because a lot
of other stuff having to do with the NIC has changed i sometimes
can't tell what to "port"

ps. did I mention that it was fun mucking with driver source and
actually have it almost work ?

Thanks,
Gerard Saraber				| http://saraber.dhs.org
work: gsaraber@unlimitedsolutions.com	| If you don't like Linux you