KNE100TX - Question re: Port Selection
Sun Apr 11 04:47:53 1999
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
I'm having a problem with a new Kingston KNE100TX card with the 21143. I've
got three of these cards in a box here (running tulip-0.90z) and two are
working fine. I'm having a problem with the third.
tulip-diag reports that "Port Selection is MII, half-duplex" for the two
cards that work and "Port Selection is 10mbps-serial, half-duplex" for the
third. I'm fairly sure this port selection was because my laptop tried
negotiating a 10Mbps connection to this port (via a cross-over cable) and
that set the card and... now I'm stuck.
How do I reset the Port Selection on this card? I've looked for info, but
found nothing. Rebooting, removing the card, etc. did nothing. The port
selection is obviously in the card EEPROM.
1. Why is this card stuck on 10Mbps even if I attach a 100Mbps device to
the other end of it? Why won't it renegotiate?
2. How do I "change" the EEPROM (other than tulip-diag -E which is not well
3. Is this problem a bug with the driver?
4. Does tulip-0.90z support 10Mbps connections via the 21143 at this time?
(100Mbps seems to be okay...)
5. How stable is 21143 support? The FAQ at Greg Siekas' site isn't too
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
ORG:NetMaster Networking Solutions, Inc.