LinkSys EtherFast card

magus@evelake.pdl.cs.cmu.edu magus@evelake.pdl.cs.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 16 02:06:43 1998

"David R. Kohel" <kohel@math.nus.edu.sg> writes:

> but it is not clear if they are also supported or what driver they
> use.  Can I safely assume that this uses the tulip driver, and
> should I treat it as the PNIC chipset?

The EtherFast card I have, which I bought relatively recently, acts as
a more-or-less stable PNIC card and works reasonably well with the
tulip driver.

The 10/100 autosensing goes nutty if I disconnect the card from my hub
while the machine is up, though, so I do have to try to avoid that.

Other than that, it does seem to work.

--nat

--
nat lanza                       Parallel Data Lab, Carnegie Mellon University
magus@cs.cmu.edu                                 http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~magus