adaptec ana6944

John Kennedy jk@csuchico.edu
Wed Nov 25 21:38:18 1998

[darrin hodges]
>  does anybody now if an Adaptec pci quad-port (AN A6944) card will
>  work with the tulip drivers?

  Mostly.  Apparently older versions did, but my newer one had a few
problems.  My situation was slightly complicated by a bad BIOS that
inverts the probe order (reversable in the existing driver).  It was
having some problems with eth3 (on the card) last time I checked.

  Without being able to prove I wasn't an oddball, I couldn't get
much interest going.  Swapping motherboards and $500 ethernet cards
wasn't exactly an inexpensive test procedure.