Accton 10/100 Cheetah PCI - Success at last

Steinar Gravdal Steinar.Gravdal@online.no
Mon Nov 16 12:06:54 1998

I had some problems getting this card to work with the tulip driver
although my friend made it work just like that. He had the same NIC but
different hardware.
The model name of the card is Accton EN1207D-TX.

I posted a description of my problems to this list earlier and got an
personal answer from Donald Becker. He said that this was not a tulip
compatible
ship and that I should try the rtl8139.c driver instead.

This one worked OK as a loadable module and can be found at this address :

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/rtl8139.html

In the meantime I had a closer look at my board and there was a chip marked
MPX EN5030. I searched the WWW for this chipset without success at first.
At last deep down on an ACCTON webserwer in Taiwan, there it was !
The description said that this was the driver for the EN1207D-TX card.

This driver, the mpx5030.c did also work even if it compiled with some
warnings.
The driver was quite old (october 97) and was also written by Donald Becker.
The web site referenced in the source
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/mpx5030.html
does not exist anymore so I have placed a copy of the driver on my home page
:
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/mpx5030.html

Hope this can be helpful to some of you !

Steinar