Netgear FA 310 TX and lights

Jon Lewis jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net
Mon Jul 27 22:57:26 1998

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Jorg B. wrote:

> Is there anybody out there that uses the Netgear FA 310 TX Network card at
> Full Duplex ?
> I'm running Linux 2.0.35 with the 0.89H tulip.c driver....
> I'm forcing 100BaseT-FD by setting the "static int options[MAX_UNITS]={5, };".
> The 100M light on the back of the card is lit, but the FD light is always
> off. The NIC is connected to a Cisco Catalyst 1900 Switch witch is set to
> 100BaseT-FD on two ports.
> So anyway, is this a known problem that the Full Duplex light doesn't go on
> ? How can I tell if the card is using Full Duplex ?

I reported a while back that even though tulip and my Cat2924xl claim the
FA310TX's are all running 100mb-FD, none of the FA310TX FD lights are lit.
I've not seen a single collision and things generally work, so I assume it
is FD, but the card's LEDs are buggy.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.