Linksys etherfast 10/100 and linux kernel 2.0.34 problems

John Watson jwatson@stsci.edu
Mon Jul 20 15:37:02 1998

I've had luck using that card with the 0.89F tulip, which is what
I still use.  I've had strange problems getting the bastard to
work properly through my cable modem, but on the LAN it works
fine.  I've only run it at 10baseT, however, so I can't comment
on the 100baseT performance.  I've tried several times to get
help from Linksys, but they ignore me. :p

I'm not sure what the deal is with going through the cable modem,
but it can't find the gateway for some reason.  If you run
'route', it just hangs before it prints the default route
entry.  But it works on another machine in my house, an AMD.
Who knows.

JW

--
John Watson
Software Engineer         --        STScI Archive Team