Problem w/0.89H [long]

B. James Phillippe bryan@terran.org
Wed Jul 1 15:33:13 1998

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Did you try the ioport patch that I posted yesterday?  It should do a
> scan of each possible ioport in the list returned by the PCI bus to
> find out which one is writable, in the event that the first one (the
> only one checked in 0.89H) is not.  It "might" be that this is your
> problem here, since the register contents are vaguely reminiscent of
> what I see when the card initializes on an unwriteable ioport.

No, I didn't, but I'd love to.  I'll look through my archive to see if I
still have it, but in the event that I don't, would you mind sending it to
me anyway?  Also, A new data-point: the de4x5.c driver that comes with
2.1.106 version 0.536 work with all three cards properly.  It finds them
and does autonegotiation properly.

thanks,
-bp
--