Cheap, good tulips...

Dave dsl@zai.com
Wed Dec 30 20:47:12 1998

The newer Netgear cards use their own chips. These are recognized as Lite-On by the 0.90 tulip driver, and
I have been unable to get then to work with this driver. The good news, is that Netgear offers a patched version of tulip.c (v 0.89K)  that works nicely. I use it between my 2 computers (100 Mbps, full duplex). I also tested it with a 10 Mbps network (the duplex status was not noted). The patched version is available
from http://netgear.baynetworks.com/support/drivers/Fa31v401.exe. This file is a DOS/Windows executable that provides driver updates for a range of executables. I will send the tulip.c file, on request, to anyone who finds it inconvenient to run a DOS executable.

Dave