fastest card

Andy Arvai arvai@scripps.edu
Wed Dec 2 13:27:15 1998

We are looking to get a fast 100 Base-T PCI network interface card for
a PC running RedHat 5.1. The PC will be in a data collection
application and will need to transfer large (10MB) files as fast as
possible. I have heard positive comments about the DEC tulip chip and
the tulip driver. We tried to get the SMC Etherpower card, but this
has been discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations for what
the fastest card would be? Are they all about the same, except for
price? The price is not an issue. We would be willing to pay extra to
get the fastest card since the price is relatively cheap anyway. Any
advice appreciated.

Andy
arvai@scripps.edu