Ambicom amb8100 cardbus 10/100 ethernet

Douglas Eadline deadline@plogic.com
Tue Dec 1 01:56:43 1998

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Charles Galpin wrote:

> It looks like I made the (increasingly difficult  to make) mistake of
buying
> an unsupported ethernet card, the
>
> Ambicom amb8100 cardbus 10/100 ethernet
>
> Say it isn't so! It uses the DEC21143, although I called Ambicon tech
> support and they are supprised that other DOS software that supports this
> chipset works on their card!
>
> Anyway, they say they are working on a Linux driver, but it's low on
their
> priority list - they are getting calls about Linux support though:) When
> asked if they were working with Linux developers, they said no, because
they
> have some proprietary info or something they don't want to share.
Then this card may be of little use to the Linux market.

> With that said, I see there is a tulip module out there. Can this be used
> with card services? If so, how? I have Redhat 5.1, kernel 2.0.35,
> pcmcia-cs-3.0.0  I plan on upgrading to pcmcia-cs-3.0.6

We have a low cost brand of tulip 21143 (PCI) card that will be supported
by the .91 driver.  As soon as the driver is out (any day now), we will
comment on where to get the cards.

Doug

Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.861.6960
115 Research Drive        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.861.8247
Bethlehem, PA 18017 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |    http://www.plogic.com