D-Link DE-530CT Locks up PCI

Tim Dixon dixon@webwork.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 10:45:36 1998

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BDD1D1.A560DA80

I reported this problem some long time ago and got no answer; I've =
subsequently upgraded to the current released driver version and have =
the same problem, so I wonder if anyone has had further thoughts...

The problem is that if I put a lot of traffic through a D-Link DE-530CT+ =
card it appears to lock up the PCI bus -  the disk controller starts to =
complain of timeouts and the system hangs. This happens quite =
reproducibly.  Is this likely to be a driver problem,  a card problem or =
a BIOS/Motherboard problem?

Tim

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BDD1D1.A560DA80

I reported this problem some long = time ago and=20 got no answer; I've subsequently upgraded to the current released driver = version=20 and have the same problem, so I wonder if anyone has had further=20 thoughts...

The problem is that if I put a lot = of traffic=20 through a D-Link DE-530CT+ card it appears to lock up the PCI bus = - =20 the disk controller starts to = complain of=20 timeouts and the system hangs. This happens quite reproducibly.  Is = this=20 likely to be a driver problem,  a card=20 problem or a BIOS/Motherboard problem?

Tim
------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BDD1D1.A560DA80--