oversized frame warnings

David Mandala davidm@them.com
Tue Aug 18 17:33:20 1998

Hi Donald,

I should have been a more clear, I have gotten these errors from machines
when the Cisco was directly connected to the 3Com Auto hub but also when the
Cisco was directly connected to a Baynetworks 100BaseT only hub (The Cisco
4500 has a 100BaseT interface). When the Cisco is connected to the switch I
see collsion lights sometimes on the Cisco side and the only thing there is
the Cisco directly to the switch and nothing else.

I don't think its just a case of Cisco not doing autonegotiation correctly I
personally think there is something broken with the Cisco 100BaseT
implementations. Thanks for the info about Cisco's autonegotiation ability
though, I'll keep that in mind.

David Mandala

Quoting Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov):