[scyld-users] Scyld system mysteriously locks up

Eric R Johnson bioinformaticist at mn.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 21:53:01 PST 2004

Hello,

I purchased a 4 node, 8 processor Scyld (version 28) cluster
approximately 6 months ago.  About 5 days ago, it started mysteriously
locking up on me.  Once it is locked up, I can't do anything except
physically reboot the machine.
Unfortunately, I am rather new to Linux clusters and, since it worked
"right out of the box", I have had no experience in troubleshooting.
Can someone give me an idea of where I should start?
I have the BIOS on all machines set to do a full memory check on startup
and the /var/log/message file shows nothing.
Thanks,
Eric

  Eric R A Johnson
  University Of Minnesota                      tel: (612) 626 5115
  Dept. of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology     fax: (612) 625 1121
  7-230 BSBE                              e-mail: john4482 at umn.edu
  312 Church Street                    web: www.eric-r-johnson.com
  Minneapolis, MN 55455
  USA