[scyld-users] jaguar

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Thu Mar 11 18:52:01 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, ORKID COSKUNER wrote:

> My question is: we bought the program Jaguar which
> is good for some ab initio calculations. The program
> is already in paralell. mode and there is no need to
> install pbs or dqs as the technical support workers
> at the schroedinger company said.

Is it a MPI program?
If so, it is compiled with the Scyld BeoMPI, or pre-linked with another
MPI implementation?

If it uses BeoMPI, you may use all CPUs (e.g. 2 processes per dual-SMP
node) with
  export ALL_CPUS=1
and just run the program as you would any other.

Otherwise you likely need to use  'mpprun' or 'mpirun', perhaps with
additional command-line parameter.

This is described in the Scyld Beowulf User Guide.
Additional details are in the Administrator Guide and the Programmers
Guide.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
914 Bay Ridge Road, Suite 220		Scyld Beowulf cluster systems
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993