[realtek] Re: Problem with realtek8139.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Oct 23 08:31:01 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, [name removed] wrote:

> I have a problem concering, my realtek ethernet card
> (RTL8139D) with wol (wake on lan) capacity. The
> problem is my linux drivers (I found out) for this
> realtek shuts down the possibility of waking up my
> computer in the bios.

Please clarify: the driver isn't modifying any persistent setting or
BIOS configuration.  A driver might leave the NIC in a state where it
does not respond to WOL packets, but that's a bug generally related to a
specifie driver version.

> There is a tool to undo this
> called ethtool (downloaded from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/).
> By the way I haven't got the latest 8139too-driver
> installed.

Have you tried the rtl8139 driver?

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com