[realtek] Re: [realtek-bug] Problem: network unreachable

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Nov 22 09:24:00 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Michael Dumke wrote:

> thanks for the fast reply. I send this to you directly in order not to
> bother the whole mailing list with my problem.

This is exactly why you didn't find the solutions to the problem in the
mailing list archives!

> > The solution is to fix the CardBus bus bridge configuration.  It
> > usually isn't necessary to configure this by hand, but may be on a few
> > specific laptop models.
>
> How do I do this?

It depends on the distribution you are using, the version of the CardBus
code and the specific laptop.  It's much more likely that someone
else on the mailing list knows the answer -- ever since the kernel
development split from David Hinds working version, I haven't tracked the
Cardbus bridge issues.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993