[realtek] SIOCSIFFLAGS problem witn rtl8139

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Jun 4 14:51:01 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Octavi Fors wrote:

> this is my fisrt message and my first experience with IRQ-related problems
> with Ethernet card running under Linux.
> ---------
> Microstar - Medion9648 laptop.
> Pentium III 1.2GHz, 384Mb RAM, 30Gb HDD, Internal DVD/CDROM.
> PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility - BIOS Version: 1.0C-0016-0713
> While ethernet card works fine with WinXP, I can't make it run on
> Linux. I'm making use of RealTek RTL8139 driver (as a module):

What Ethernet card?  Is it PCI connected on the motherboard, a mini-PCI
card plugged into the system, or a CardBus card?

If it's a CardBus card, the resource allocation problem is with PCMCIA
code.  Otherwise it's a bus bridge configuration issue.

What is the detection message put out by the driver?

What is reported about the NIC by 'lspci -v' or 'cat /proc/pci'?

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993