[realtek] Re: problem with dual RTL8139 boards

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Jan 2 15:22:00 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, John A Ogren wrote:

> 1. I have to configure the BIOS to use level-triggered interrupts on the
> PCI bus.

What BIOS are you using, and how old is the motherboard?
This is *not* an optional part of PCI -- PCI interrupts are level
based.  Old ISA interrupts were edge triggered, and I've only seen that
(bogus) BIOS option on the earliest 486-based, pre-standard PCI
motherboards.

> 2. I have to make sure to load the kernel module for the eth0 interface
> first.

I thought that you were using two rtl8139 cards?  Both cards will be
detected by the driver.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993